Understanding Your IGA Membership
One of questions we often get asked at member events and trade shows is “what else do I get with my membership?” It’s easy when day-to-day concentration is on running a successful customer focused business to miss things that are there to help.
Spending time to look through the services and support we offer can often help you to save on costs through one of our joint packages, or just provide you with a service you forgot existed.
- RMI Technical Helpline - A low cost option for technical support advice when you just need to talk through a difficult technical issue, or need help finding an elusive piece of technical information. This costs just £2.60 a week!
- Legal Helpline -When you need to ask a question from a solicitor, a single appointment or call can cost £100`s. The member legal line is there for you to use at no extra cost for over the phone advice on any legal subject relating to your business.
- HR documentation - Preparing employment contracts and staff related documents can be both time consuming and costly. Remembering that many of these are available to simply download through the member’s area of the IGA website can save not only direct costs, but valuable time.
- Technical Training - Keeping staff training up to date can be costly, and often the loss of time away from the business only adds to these costs. Making courses available to you through membership delivered directly at your site can be a great way to not only improve and build knowledge, but control costs too. The following courses are all available as part of your membership:
- Hybrid Safety and awareness
- Diagnostic principles
- Applied multi-meter
- Health & Safety – Good Health & Safety processes are vitally important to any business, regardless of its size. The member helpline is there to offer advice and support to all members, but sometimes the time comes, as the business grows or your own time is even more critical to the day to day operation, that you need more than basic advice to keep up with complicated legislation. The RMI offers members access to full Health & Safety packages at competitive member rates, tailored for your type of business, with dedicated field based health and safety advisers.
- MOT - keeping your MOT site operating efficiently and up to date in a changing environment is becoming more difficult, regardless if it is just simply advice you require or a business dedicated external QC programme. There are tailored packages available to meet your needs.
- The new RMI Academy of Automotive Skills is here to support the industry and members with training for both new testers and MOT managers, plus MOT annual training packages tailored to meet differing business needs. Check the rest of this month’s bulletin for more articles on MOT training.
For support and advice around making more of your membership, please call the member helpline on 0845 305 4230, or review more of the services that the IGA provides at .