GDPR Update: IGA On-Site Support Services and GDPR certification
You have less than three months left until your business must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or be liable to a fine of up to 4% of your turnover.
If you haven’t started preparations yet, we strongly suggest you begin working your way through the “Garage Guide to GDPR” that was posted to you in January to ensure that you have sufficient processes in place to protect your customers’ data.
If you have completed the guide and would like further assistance, the IGA is offering additional on-site support services, outlined below:
- The GDPR gap analysis service provides an assessment of your organisation’s current level of compliance with the Regulation, seeking to highlight the standard requirements and the shortcomings in relation to those requirements
- This will assist in establishing an appropriate action plan in relation to the needs of your organisation, showing areas of strength and weakness
- You will also be provided with a general, indicative figure of overall compliance with the Regulation
- This will assist in ensuring your organisation meets the necessary GDPR requirements
- Provides assurance for customers, employees and all other data subjects that their information is being processed lawfully and stored securely
- We will work with you to produce personalised policies, procedures and guidance to facilitate compliance with the Regulation
- During the certification audit, we assess, in detail, your degree of compliance with the requirements of GDPR
- The audit consists of informal interviews, examinations, observations of your system in operation and review of relevant documentation and performance in identified focus areas
- Findings, including non-conformities, and conclusions are presented at the end of the audit in a closing meeting and included in the audit report
- After the audit you will be informed of non-conformities you need to address and respond to within an agreed deadline
- When found compliant, we issue you with the below quality assurance certificate that you will be able to display: