Have You Joined the Car Repair Plan?
The Car Repair Plan is the IGA’s consumer savings plan, where users can put away as much or as little as they like each month to save for regular car maintenance or unexpected repairs.
They can add multiple vehicles and additional cards so that the whole family is covered with one account, and can also change, pause or stop payments at any time, all through the online portal at .
How CRP Benefits Your Business
The system is simple, secure and was specifically built for independent garages, and there are over 600 garages signed up so far.
It is a low cost way to add a valuable service to your business while also encouraging customer retention. The scheme is supported by national marketing, and there are extra resources available for you to download, like we have available for TMG.
Here’s how it works:
1. Customer books car in and confirms payment or part payment by car Repair Plan
2. Garage checks and reserves amount
3. Customer signs invoice on collection
4. Email confirmation to customer
5. Funds sent to garage weekly
Marketing the Car Repair Plan
The CRP website has recently had a modern makeover - . Once you’ve joined you’ll appear on the Find A Garage map, and you’ll also appear as accepting Car Repair Plan on the TMG website and map.
There are plenty of resources available to help advertise CRP at your garage, including:
- - To add to your website or use in your own promotions
- Car Repair Plan ‘Doodle-Ad’ video - To add to your website or play in reception ( or call us for the original file)
- CRP and accounts, sharing consumer focused content daily that your business can retweet/share with your customers online
You can also find our step-by-step guide showing you how to take a Car Repair Plan payment .
To sign up for the Car Repair Plan or to find out more, please contact us through the IGA Member Helpline on 0845 305 4230.