Have you seen the Trust My Garage TV Advert?
Trust My Garage, the IGA’s CTSI-approved consumer approval scheme, has begun its campaign into the world of broadcast television after its debut last Wednesday.
More consumers than ever are searching for their nearest member on the Trust My Garage website as a result of this new publicity, so it is more important than ever to proudly display your membership and utilise the marketing support available to you.
Watch the new advert below!
Members of the public will be on the look-out for the Trust My Garage shield, so make sure yours is prominently displayed to maximise potential business. You can call the member helpline to order new signage should you require, or apply to join if you’re not a TMG member yet. You should also follow the checklist below to receive the full benefits from the advertising campaign.
Quick Marketing Checklist
- Log into your garage profile and update your picture on the TMG website ( using the same details you use for the IGA website)
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your external TMG signage and certificate of membership is clearly displayed
- Display the TMG/CTSI joint logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice/window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our TMG blog, retweet from our Twitter account and share your thoughts via our Facebook page.
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
As a Trust My Garage member, will help you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector. Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to enquire, or visit for more information.