How to use the Trust My Garage TV campaign to bring in additional business
Our TV campaign for Trust My Garage, the IGA’s CTSI-approved consumer code scheme, is continuing to play on national TV and reaching thousands of motorists every day at no extra cost to your business.
We are pleased to hear that many of you have now seen the advert playing on your screens. Please let us know if you have spotted it and send us your feedback!
With thousands of motorists searching for their nearest member on the TMG website every month, we recommend that your online is up-to-date with photos to maximise appeal to potential customers, and that you are promoting your membership with signage at your premises and online.
Last month we spoke to TMG member Russell Automotive Centre, who shared how they have made their garage stand out on the TMG website to maximise the benefits of the TV campaign and bring in additional business. .
We also have plenty of additional marketing support available to utilise – see our suggestions in the checklist below.
Quick Marketing Checklist
- Ensure your TMG signage is displayed prominently outside your premises. If you need a new sign, please call the member helpline.
- Log into your garage profile and update your picture on the TMG website ( using the same details you use for the IGA website)
- Encourage your existing customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your external TMG certificate of membership is clearly displayed
- Display the TMG logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice/window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our , retweet from our and share your thoughts via our .
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
The Trust My Garage Code of Practice is , which helps you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector. Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to enquire, or visit for more information.