Is your business still complying with GDPR? Complaints are on the rise
The main aim of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation is to put the control back in the hands of the consumer.
The number of complaints received from consumers by the Information Commissioner’s Office ( ICO) has more than doubled since the rules came into force, which leaves businesses liable to a fine of up to 4% of their annual turnover. This information comes from a Freedom of Information Act request, which shows that complaints between 25th May and 3rd July this year reached 6,281, compared with 2,417 over the same period in 2017.
Furthermore, although GDPR is an EU directive, the UK government has committed to keeping the more stringent rulings in place post-Brexit through the Data Protection Act 2018 – so whether you were a leaver or a remainer, your approach to GDPR needs to include the words “ongoing” and “compliance”.
If you have completed the Garage Guide to GDPR but would like auditing or GDPR certification to ensure you are monitoring your data protection processes effectively, we are continuing to offer the following on-site services:
GDPR Gap Analysis - £245 + VAT half day
- The GDPR gap analysis service provides an assessment of your organisation’s current level of compliance with the Regulation, seeking to highlight the standard requirements and the shortcomings in relation to those requirements
- This will assist in establishing an appropriate action plan in relation to the needs of your organisation, showing areas of strength and weakness
- You will also be provided with a general, indicative figure of overall compliance with the Regulation
GDPR Consultancy - £245 + VAT per half day or £395 + VAT per full day
- This will assist in ensuring your organisation meets the necessary GDPR requirements
- Provides assurance for customers, employees and all other data subjects that their information is being processed lawfully and stored securely
- We will work with you to produce personalised policies, procedures and guidance to facilitate compliance with the Regulation
GDPR Quality Assurance Certification Audit - £395 + VAT full day
- During the certification audit, we assess, in detail, your degree of compliance with the requirements of GDPR
- The audit consists of informal interviews, examinations, observations of your system in operation and review of relevant documentation and performance in identified focus areas
- Findings, including non-conformities, and conclusions are presented at the end of the audit in a closing meeting and included in the audit report
- After the audit you will be informed of non-conformities you need to address and respond to within an agreed deadline
- When found compliant, we issue you with the below quality assurance certificate that you will be able to display at your premises: