Make sure your Trust My Garage website profile is updated this festive season
Over the holiday period the Trust My Garage TV campaign is continuing to play on national TV and reaching thousands of motorists every day at no extra cost to your business.
The Trust My Garage TV advert will be playing on Dave, and a wide a range of other TV channels, even more frequently than usual throughout December.
With increased airtime comes the potential for more customers to your garage, so be sure to take a few minutes to make sure your garage profile and services list are up-to-date on the TMG website and make the most of this opportunity.
Watch the advert in full here to see how Trust My Garage supports your independent garage:
To make sure your profile details are updated, (using the same details you use for the IGA website).
Once logged in you will be on your Garage Account page. Throughout this page you can update:
- Your garage address and contact details
- A description of your garage
- Photos of your garage and team
- Your location on the TMG map
- Your ‘services offered’ checklist – consumers can filter their search results by service, so it is beneficial to keep this updated. NEW services are also now available to select
- Business opening hours
Alongside updating your profile, here are a few additional marketing suggestions to help you shout about your TMG membership:
- Ensure your TMG sign is displayed prominently outside your premises. If you need a new sign, please call the member helpline
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your TMG certificate of membership is on display
- Display the TMG logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of TMG/CTSI invoice and window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our , retweet from our and share your thoughts via our .
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
The Trust My Garage Code of Practice is , which helps you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector.
Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information, and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to enquire, or visit for more information.