Member Events - December 2017
We are taking a break from our popular member events to plan for an even bigger and better presentation next year, after ending on a high with our biggest turnout of the year in Havant. In the meantime we are returning with some new MOT annual training regional events, bringing 2017/18 annual training directly to you.
As with our previous annual training events, this 3-hour training session will cover the 2017/18 MOT annual training syllabus for class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicles as required by DVSA, consisting of; Corrosion Assessment and Assessment of Wheels and Tyres. We will be updating our throughout the year, providing Regional Events around the country. If you have any suggestions for an event in your area, please send details to or contact the Member Helpline on 0845 305 4230.
The next annual training events will be located in:
Please ensure that your email address is correct when ordering your ticket.
Tickets are priced at £70 + VAT and Regional Events are open to both RMI members and non-members. Doors will open at 09:30am, with training lasting from 10:00am until 1:00pm.
Tea and coffee will be provided.
The cost of your ticket includes access to this event and the online assessment, which must be taken outside of the course before March 31st 2018. Please note that once a login code has been issued for the online assessment, it is not refundable under any circumstances.
Attendance at this event will meet the DVSA’s minimum requirement for 3 hours annual training for an MOT Tester. Your login information for the online assessment will be contained in the workbook issued to you at this event.
Automechanika Birmingham 2018
The leading exhibition for the UK’s automotive industry returns to the NEC, Birmingham, 5-7 June 2018. After its second year of success, Automechanika Birmingham has announced exciting plans to bring the entire UK automotive industry together again.
Bringing the industry together in 2018, the event already has over 300 exhibitors who have confirmed their presence including HELLA, Delphi, MANN + HUMMEL, Bosch, TEXA, Gates, Liqui Moly, Total, Michelin Lifestyle, Draper Tools, The Parts Alliance, Group Auto, Euro Repar Service, Dura, JHM Butt, Hofmann Megaplan, J & S Products, SATA, Ecobat Battery Technologies as well as TR Fastenings, Magal/Arlington, SLM and JVC Kenwood.
The event will introduce a better offering for workshops including a dedicated Workshop Quarter, improved events and networking opportunities. The initiatives will ensure suppliers of garage equipment, tools and diagnostics meet the right buyers and maximise their product marketing across three days. The initiatives will include:
- A new Workshop Quarter, hosting tools and garage equipment suppliers looking to meet thousands of decision makers from independent workshops, fast fits and autocentres in one dedicated area
- The highly successful Garage of the Year award will be presented again at the show, an initiative which engaged and drew some the of UK’s best workshops to the event in 2017
- Attractive live technical demonstrations and training in the Workshop Training Zone will return for 2018, as well as a new Business Services Zone and Workshop Social, ensuring that the most relevant buyers are drawn to the event
- Exhibitors will be encouraged to promote show deals and discounts on tools, diagnostics and garage equipment to attract the right buyers to their stand to build business
- Extended opening hours; One day will be extended into an evening to enable exhibitors the chance to network with visitors for longer in an informal atmosphere
For more information visit .