MOT Annual Training: Guide to Logging in and Taking the Online Assessment
The IGA has had been made aware by members that logging in to take the MOT annual assessment isn’t a clear process, so we have created a visual guide to show you the steps you need to take.
After you have completed and recorded at least three hours of self-study on the topics required by DVSA, you will be ready to take the assessment.
2. The website will then take you through to the login page, as seen below.
Depending on which annual training package you have bought, your login user name and password will have either be provided on page 37 of your RMI Academy Annual Training Workbook, or will have been sent to you by email.
Please note that your user name and password are case sensitive.
3. Once you have logged in you will be taken to the following page, which displays the courses you are enrolled on, and helpful resources. Click the purple Course button under the Light Vehicle MOT Annual Training course box to continue.
4. You will be taken to the final page where you can start your assessment. This is effectively your ‘Home page’ for the course. Now you need to follow the steps on the page, which provide the link to take the assessment and allow you to print and record a certificate once you have passed the assessment.
The assessment will last up to 45 minutes, and you’ll be asked 30 multiple choice questions based on:
- Topics in the current year’s syllabus
- Current MOT special notices
- General MOT testing knowledge
The assessment is open book, so you can use official documents, for example the MOT inspection manual or special notices, or your own notes.
The pass mark is 50%. If you don’t pass first time, you can re-take the assessment as many times as you need to within 6 weeks.
If you haven’t taken your annual training yet, time is really starting to run out - call the IGA helpline on 0845 305 4230 and we’ll help get you on the right track.