Register Your Business With Google
Registering your business with Google is free and easy, and it will allow your business to appear much higher in Google search results.
It will also show your company name, address, directions, opening hours and telephone number when someone searches for your business, like in the screenshot below, plus your business will show up on Google Maps when someone searches for a garage in your local area.
Benefits of Registering
· Your business information will appear across Google, including Search and Maps.
· It will be easier for customers to find your business, and you can manage the information that Google users see when they search for you. According to Google, verified businesses are twice as likely to be considered reputable by consumers.
· See insights on how customers searched for your business, and where those customers are coming from. You can also see information like how many people called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results in Search and Maps.
How to Register
1. to go to ‘Google My Business’ and click Get on Google.
2. Log in to your Google Account, or create a new account if you don’t have one.
3. Search for your business, and click on it if it appears. If not, select ‘Add your business’ and fill in the details. The more detailed and accurate information you add, the better it will be able to correctly display your business listing. Also note that the ‘Category’ selection is very important, as that is how Google will classify your business and the type of search query it will display your listing for. (You will be able to add more categories later.)
4. Google will send you a PIN number to verify that your business is in the location you say it is and avoid fraud. You will have the option to receive your PIN via post, text message or automated phone call.
5. Enter your PIN once you have received it and your listing will be verified. It may take up to a week to become active.