Schools and Local Authorities Liaison Manager Update - November 2015
Every month our Schools and Local Liaison Manager will be sending updates on the work she is doing to raise the profile of the automotive industry.
This month saw the start of the creation of the Education section of the Website. The concept is to provide a growing database of day-to-day information relating to Apprenticeships, and eventually other types of education within the automotive industry. Every month our Schools and Local Liaison Manager will be sending updates on the work she is doing to raise the profile of the automotive industry.
This area of the website will include:
- A breakdown of the current industry specific qualifications; in a unit by unit format to provide an overview of all the individual subject areas which could be included to make up the Apprenticeship.
- All current Government information relating to Apprenticeships.
- Information on the development of the new qualification standards which we have been involved with ( for current information).
- All education related activities and events attended and booked to attend.
- All news stories published in the monthly bulletin relating to education.
- A Member Pack which can be accessed through the Member Area which includes materials that can be used by members when visiting schools, including a Presentation, Leaflets and Activities.
Also there will be an ‘Ask a Question’ section for members to ask questions relating to anything Apprenticeships.
This month I attended the North Lincolnshire Careers Event with Kelvin Chatterton, Membership Manager. We offered advice on careers in the Automotive Industry spanning from working in manufacturing and engineering, to working within a garage environment. This event hosted a number of local schools with over 1000 pupils visiting over the day.
I also attended an event at Ely Cathedral organised by Form the Future of Cambridge. This event was unique in location, but was actually a really productive day. The pupils were well prepared and asked intelligent questions. I had a lot of interest from pupils who were interested in becoming Technicians and required practical advice on the steps needed for starting their career path in the Automotive Industry. We discussed the scope of careers available in the industry and the entry requirements.
If you would like to work with our Schools and Local Liaison Manager to help raise the profile of the automotive industry in your area or share the work you are doing with apprentices, please contact her at email@example.com.