The Safe Operation of Vehicle Lifts - Downloadable Guide
The Garage Equipment Association (GEA) has created a guidebook providing information on vehicle lifts and their safe operation, in response to accidents that happen every year caused by incorrect lift operation, poor loading of the vehicle, poor installation or neglected lift maintenance.
The guide can be used as an additional training manual to ensure that your staff are correctly and safely operating vehicle lifts at your business, and is to be used alongside your lift’s operational manual and other specific training material.
Topics covered in the guide include:
- Types of lifts available to buy in the UK
- Guidelines for purchasing a vehicle lift
- Installation advice
- Rules and regulations
- Maintenance and inspection guide
- Safety advice and correct procedures
- A questionnaire to ensure that safe practices are understood
You can also buy a physical copy of this booklet by calling the GEA on 01327 312616.