Trust My Garage is coming to TV!
Trust My Garage, the IGA’s CTSI-approved consumer code scheme, will be making its television debut in the coming weeks. This advert is intended to bring customers directly to your business at no cost to you or the customer.
We believe that the current surge of consumer work providers will have a significant detrimental impact on the independent sector in the long term. TMG will be provided to members as a solution to ensure that third parties will no longer smother your brand identity and come between you and your customer. Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Government backed code for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
The advertisement is currently in production and will air on national daytime TV targeting all adults. It is estimated to reach over 3 million views in its first month on air, so this a perfect opportunity to double check your TMG signage is up to scratch and prominently displayed. You also now have plenty of time to complete the marketing checklist below, or to apply to join Trust My Garage as a member of the IGA.
- Log into your garage profile and update your picture on the TMG website
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your external TMG signage and certificate of membership is clearly displayed
- Display the TMG/CTSI joint logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice/window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our TMG blog, retweet from our Twitter account and share your thoughts via our Facebook page.
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
As a Trust My Garage member, will help you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to enquire, or visit for more information.