Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Awareness and Safety
Length: Half Day
Cost: £50 for IGA members
Who should attend: Technicians and apprentices with a limited experience or understanding of hybrid vehicles. No prior knowledge or experience is required.
Course overview: This RMISC certified course gives technicians awareness of procedures to follow when working on or around a Hybrid Vehicle. It covers identifying of the construction/configuration type of the Hybrid Electric Vehicle (and if any manufacturer information may be needed during the repair and maintenance of Hybrid Electric Vehicles, and the main dangers and hazards associated with the high Voltage System when working on and around Hybrid Electric Vehicles. It also provides the knowledge to enable technicians to isolate the High Voltage system on a Hybrid Electric Vehicle to be able to work on them safely.
Participants will learn:
- How to correctly identify suitable sources of information before working on a Hybrid Vehicle, for example manufacturers guidelines
- How to correctly identify High Voltage cabling and components
- How to correctly identify AC and DC voltage systems
- How to correctly identify Vehicle High Votage status pre/during/post service and repair activities
- The procedures followed before removing/disarming HV safety device
Book this course
To arrange your preferred date for a member of our technical training team to visit your premises and teach this course, please call 0845 305 4230.