Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Repair Level 3
Venue: RMI Academy
Length: 3 days
Cost: £600 + VAT for IGA members, £750 + VAT for non-members
Who should attend: Technicians who diagnose faults and carry out repair and replacements on Electric Hybrid and Electrically propelled vehicles, qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in vehicle repair and maintenance.
Course overview: The course covers the technology associated with the present generation of hybrid and electrically propelled vehicles. The focus is on gaining a thorough understanding of how the electric vehicle functions and the variation of electric vehicle types currently available, and there is a strong emphasis on safe working practices.
Participants will learn:
- The correct methods for shutting down and isolating high voltage systems
- The correct measurement procedures and approved tools
- The layout and construction of hybrid and electric drive powertrain systems and the identification of key components
- The principles of high voltage battery construction, management and monitoring systems
- The design, construction and operating principles of three phase, brushless motor/generator systems
- The control systems required for efficient operation, and methods of electrical rectification and regulation
- The transmission system operating principles of current Toyota hybrids
- The diagnosis of system faults and monitoring of live data using suitable diagnostic equipment
Book this course
Please call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to receive upcoming course dates for your nearest RMI Academy site and book a place.