Length: Half Day
Cost: £100 + VAT for IGA members
Who should attend: Technicians and apprentices with a basic understanding of electrical theory and some experience in the use of the digital multi-meter to perform basic current, voltage and resistance measurements.
Course overview: The purpose of this course is to develop an understanding of how to efficiently and accurately utilise a digital oscilloscope for electrical measurement during the diagnostic process. Using a blend of theory and component testing, an insight will be gained into the advantages of the oscilloscope as a diagnostic tool.
Participants will learn:
- The basic functions of an automotive oscilloscope including set-up and connection to the vehicle
- The advantages of viewing current and voltage values in graphical form and why this gives the user more diagnostic information than a digital multi-meter
- How to test circuits for voltage drop and other basic measurements. The testing of primary and secondary ignition circuits
- Why the oscilloscope is the best method for testing both sensors and actuators on vehicle electronic systems
- If time permits, some hands-on testing and a brief insight into the more advanced capabilities and tests of the automotive ‘scope
Book this course
To arrange your preferred date for a member of our technical training team to visit your premises and teach this course, please call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230.