Principles of Diagnostics
Length: Half day
Cost: £100 + VAT for IGA members
Who should attend: Technicians and apprentices with a limited experience or understanding of diagnostic procedures. No prior knowledge or experience is required.
Course overview: This course teaches the processes involved in the accurate and efficient diagnosis of motor vehicle electrical and mechanical problems. Using a blend of theory, real life examples and on vehicle testing (time permitting), technicians will gain a useful and interesting insight into the logical step by step approach required to undertake such repairs.
Participants will learn:
- The six step diagnosis strategy for providing a structured approach to the diagnosis of problems
- How to put a plan together after gathering evidence to allow for a robust step by step process of potential fault location elimination without testing
- Simple ECU fault logic and diagnostic trouble codes used by all vehicle manufacturers to enable self-diagnostics of electrical control systems
- Electrical wiring diagram diagnosis and component testing as part of the fault elimintation process
- If time and vehicle/equipment availability permits, technicians will be able to focus on aspects of diagnosis that they are currently struggling with
Book this course
To arrange your preferred date for a member of our technical training team to visit your premises and teach this course, please call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230.