Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Routine Maintenance Level 2
Venue: RMI Academy
Length: 2 days
Cost: £400 + VAT for IGA Members
Who should attend: Technicians who maintain and repair hybrid/electric vehicles, possessing appropriate vehicle maintenance and repair knowledge and skills at Level 2.
Course overview: This Level 2 vocational qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle’s high and low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance. On completing this qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of both low and high voltage technologies and an understanding of their dangers. This course can be carried out on-site providing the appropriate facilities are available.
Participants will learn:
- The hybrid/electric vehicle system components and operation, including the construction and function of battery cells, electronic motors and associated high energy electrical components
- The hazards surrounding hybrid/electric vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on hybrid/ electric vehicles
- How to safely prepare the vehicle when carrying out routine maintenance on hybrid/electric vehicles (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- How to work safely on an hybrid/electric vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
Book this course
Please call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to receive upcoming course dates for your nearest RMI Academy site and book a place.