An exciting opportunity has arisen. The Retail Motor Industry Federation (the largest automotive trade association) is searching for a full time permanent Automotive Technical Training Manager based at either the Runcorn or Southam Academy.
The Academies provide all MOT related and a range of technical training courses. The Technical Training Manager will form part of the management framework and will have responsibility for both the development, delivery and the quality of technical training courses delivered in the RMI Academy of Automotive Skills; currently in Southam, Warwickshire & Runcorn, Cheshire.
This role will be responsible for managing staffing, budget controls, the training database and promoting the academies through marketing activities. The core duties of this role are varied and would suit an enthusiastic, proactive and logical person with a thorough approach to work. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to receive excellent benefits with great management support.
- To own and develop the training portfolio on behalf of the Academies.
- Maintain an oversight of the academies training calendars/scheduling and ensure relevant resources are in place to fulfil training commitments.
- Develop new course subject matter.
- Management of classroom utilisation and course efficiency.
- Oversee quality assurance of course materials and resources.
- Manage and develop the training academy database.
- Maximise marketing opportunities for all training courses utilising various media; websites, social media, mailshots etc.
- Identification of new markets and customers where the training portfolio delivered.
- Improve current courses and methods of delivery through continual programme improvement.
- Responsibility for academies budgets and financial controls; reportable on a monthly basis.
- Form and manage business relationships with suppliers and awarding bodies.
- Motivate, develop and manage staff resources.
- Commitment to own personal development.
- 100%-time keeping.
- Experienced in use of MS Outlook, Word & Excel.
- Staff management experience.
- Demonstratable understanding of the Industries training regulations specifically MOT training regime.
- Background in automotive training sector.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work load & react to changing situations.
- Strong relationship building; excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate across at all levels.
- Flexible, proactive and can-do approach.
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Availability to travel UK wide.
- Full valid driving licence.
Other Desirable Requirements:
- Educated to degree level.
- Management qualification.
- Relevant industry professional qualifications.
- Ability to design and manage the delivery of automotive training courses with a technical content.
DEADLINE - 28th July 2017
INTERVIEWS - being held 3rd & 4th August 2017