Field Based Auditor/Trainer – Nationwide Vacancies
Our organisation is looking for a number of technically qualified and experienced Field Based Consultants. These roles cover a variety of disciplines including training, auditing and upholding garage member relationships.
- Technical Trainers (Hybrid Vehicle Safety & Awareness, Diagnostic Principles, MOT)
- MOT QC Assessors/Auditors (MOT AE/NT preferred)
- Health & Safety Assessors/Auditors (Minimum IOSH, NEBOSH certificate preferred)
Type: Full Time
The Retail Motor Industry Federation (RMI) is the leading retail automotive trade body in the UK and Northern Ireland representing businesses which provide motor industry services and support to motorists across the UK. The RMI represents, lobbies and supports members so that the industry provides the highest standards of operation for the benefit of both consumers and the sector as a whole.
You will be joining an established organisation working under the RMI’s Independent Garage Association. We need to expand our team nationally. If you have the skills and experiences required, you can look forward to working for one of the UK’s leading trade associations working within a supported team.
Experienced, personable automotive technical trainers and auditors/assessors with the ability to work independently as part of a field based team, and the ability to deliver training in member workshops and classroom environments.
Accountabilities and Main responsibilities of the job
- Deliver technical training programmes in the workplace to members and within our Training Academy
- Conduct tests/assessments of candidates – record and report results
- Make technical presentations at member events where required
- Support the Operations team with other field based tasks
- Support membership retention in the field
- Be proactive in own work/file management
- Conduct member engagement visits
- Conduct garage based audit
- Supporting member events and trade shows
Skills - Essential
- Appropriate technical professional qualification
- Previous experience as an MOT Manager or Tester
- Proven experience in a training environment
- Proven automotive diagnostic ability
- Experience with a wide variety of diagnostic tools and software
- Proven customer service skills
- Above average IT skills
- Excellent team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage own area/workload and work with minimum supervision
- Full valid UK driving licence
Skills - Desirable
- Previously have been an MOT Tester/Trainer
- Experience of change management
- Ability to author technical training material
- Previous experience of conducting garage based audits
- 28K – 36K dependent upon experience
- Full time, Monday to Friday
- Company vehicle, IT equipment and mobile phone provided
Applicants who are qualified and experienced in more than one discipline are preferred in these roles.
Due to the nature of this position hours will vary in line with business needs. Travel across the UK and overnight stays will be required.