Vacancy: Junior Full Stack Web Developer
Type: Full Time
The Independent Garage Association (IGA) is seeking a creative junior full stack web developer to be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating multiple websites that will allow us to provide new member services and increase our web presence in the retail automotive sector.
The candidate will work closely with the management team to develop websites from the ground up, and will be able to implement payment, booking and bespoke account systems.
It will be your responsibility to select the best technology stack and programming languages for the job, with opportunity to make the role your own and have a major influence in the final products.
- Responsible for the concept, specification, design, development, launch and maintenance of new
- Creating new websites from the ground up by writing well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Creating custom back-end CMS systems
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Maintaining and developing our existing websites
- Database management
- Integration of social media into websites
- Potential opportunity to develop mobile applications
- Support the existing telecoms infrastructure
- Ensuring all websites meet data protection and security standards
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Web Development or related field
- Experience in front and back end web development
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Ability to select the right technology stack for the job
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and web fundamentals
- Strong teamworking skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master a wide range of web technologies and techniques
- Quick thinking to solve live website and database issues
- Use your initiative to make creative and technical suggestions
- Proven knowledge of the most current security principles
- Self-motivated with excellent project planning and the ability to provide & work to timescales
- The ability to work independently and comfortably as a lone developer
- Experience with iAuditor and Quickbase a bonus
Please send your CV, cover letter and examples of your work to email@example.com.