Apply for Garage of the Year 2018!
Automechanika Birmingham is calling on independent garages across the UK to enter its prestigious ‘Garage of the Year’ award, returning for its second year and will be bigger than ever before and sponsored by the Independent Garage Association.
The competition is open to all garages across the United Kingdom, with entrants explaining the reasons why they should win the coveted award and walk away with £1000. This year, there are six categories for garages to enter, recognising the diversity of UK garage businesses.
The winner of each category will be announced at an evening dinner to be held at The Director’s Club, Aston Villa FC on 5 June, which all category finalists will be invited to attend free of charge. The overall Garage of the Year winner will then be announced at the show on 6 June from these six category winners.
Last year’s first-ever ‘Garage of the Year’ award was won by local garage MotorServ-UK Solihull, which gained the most votes in the battle for top spot, with Philips Garage Ltd from Glasgow narrowly missing out and finishing second overall, and Shropshire-based garage EAC Telford coming third.
This year’s categories are:
- Best Small Garage - Maximum of three technicians operating from a single site
- Best Large Garage - Four or more technicians and operate across multiple sites
- Best Community Initiative - A garage that has implemented an initiative that supports the local community
- ‘Auto-mechanik’ of the Year - An individual technician who has demonstrated exceptional performance in his role within the garage success
- Technology Innovation - A garage that can demonstrate use of a new technology or advanced skills in a technology that has affected the overall success of the garage business
- Business Innovation Award - A garage that can demonstrate success in one of the day to day areas of managing a successful garage ie: HR and people management, finance, customer service, marketing and sales
Entrants must explain why they deserve to win and may enter more than one category. Simply explain why your garage deserves to win using the short entry form below. Garages can also enter by uploading a short video explaining why they deserve to win on camera. Entries close on 30th April, so don’t delay your application!
New for Automechanika Birmingham 2018 – 5 to 7 June 2018
The competition is part of a larger offering for garages at Automechanika Birmingham this year, including a new dedicated Garage Quarter, offering over 130 suppliers of tools and workshop equipment, services and innovative products as well as a Garage Social area. End users will benefit from a new specialist demo hub which will showcase live action across body repair and vehicle customisation as well as a Business Services Village giving garages free advice on how to run a business more efficiently. The ever popular Workshop Training Hub will return for 2018, bigger and better than before including expert speakers and free training. The Garage Quarter will stay open on Wednesday 6 June until 7pm to allow business owners and technicians to make the most out of their day out of the workshop.
The IGA will be exhibiting at stand L127, so come and talk to the team to ask your industry questions, discuss lobbying issues or simply ensure you’re getting the most out of membership.
Garage visitors will also benefit from free parking at the NEC and free breakfast upon arrival. .