Are you making the most of marketing your Trust My Garage membership?
With thousands of motorists searching for their nearest member on the TMG website every month, and the playing on a screen near you, we recommend that your online is up-to-date with photos to maximise appeal to potential customers, and that you are promoting your membership with signage at your premises and online.
TMG’s Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)-approved Code of Conduct means your business stands out – so make sure to let customers know complying with the high standards set by the code with our marketing tips:
- Ensure your TMG signage is displayed prominently outside your premises. If you need a new sign, please call the member helpline
- Log into your garage profile and update your picture on the TMG website ( using the same details you use for the IGA website)
- Update your ‘services offered’ checklist – consumers can filter their search results by service, so it is beneficial to keep this updated. NEW: Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Trained Technicians and ADAS Calibration services are now available to select
- Encourage your existing customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your TMG certificate of membership is clearly displayed
- Display the TMG logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice and window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our , retweet from our and share your thoughts via our . Plenty of social media tips are available in the IGA’s new Garage Guide to Online Presence, which you should have recently received in the post
Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
If you have made any changes to your business due to the coronavirus pandemic, please remember to take a few minutes to make sure your garage profile, opening hours and services list are all up-to-date on the TMG website – that way, you won’t miss out on potential customers!
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, call our direct member helpline or 0845 305 4230 to enquire, or visit for more information.