Ben launches fast-track access to digital mental health platform
Automotive charity, Ben, has launched fast-track access to its free digital mental and wellbeing platform, offering immediate support to those in need.
Each year, Ben has been experiencing an increase in the number of people asking for support with their mental health. Covid-19 has certainly heightened this situation with more individuals reaching out to Ben feeling stressed and anxious, as well as lonely and isolated. In response to the challenges being faced by automotive people, Ben has been extending and fast-tracking access to its services to provide relevant, immediate support during these unprecedented times.
SilverCloud is a leading digital mental health and wellbeing platform which can support people to better manage their mental health and wellbeing. The SilverCloud programmes use an evidence based, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) approach which focuses on the relationship between our thoughts, feelings and behaviours. SilverCloud also helps individuals to develop positive coping strategies.
A number of different programmes are available on the platform, including on topics such as stress, anxiety and depression, as well as supporting issues such as money worries, sleep and resilience. Each programme features a range of interactive tools such as videos, activities, quizzes, audio guides as well as a personal online support journal.
SilverCloud is completely free for anyone who works, or has worked, in the automotive industry. Sign up and get started today:
- Coronavirus hub: Ben’s ‘Coronavirus hub’ provides relevant online support for people during these challenging times:
- Work, Health & Wellbeing: Support for those who are worried about job losses:
- Tips, advice & tools to your inbox: Individuals can sign up to receive regular tips, advice & tools from Ben via email:
- Shareable digital assets to promote Ben’s support: To spread the word about Ben’s support across your internal and external channels, visit this Toolkit:
- Helpline: If you need Ben’s support, call 08081 311 333, email or chat online at