Bring in new business through the Trust My Garage website
The Trust My Garage acts as a badge of quality for the independent sector and the TMG website sees thousands of customers every month searching for their nearest trusted member, so make your garage stand out.
(using the same details you use for the IGA website), which will take you to your Garage Account page. Here you can update:
- Your garage address and contact details
- A description of your garage
- Photos of your garage and team
- Your location on the TMG map
- You ‘services offered’ checklist – consumers can filter their search results by service, so it is beneficial to keep this updated. NEW Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Trained Technicians and ADAS Calibration services are now available to select
- Business opening hours
Alongside updating your profile, here are a few additional marketing suggestions to help you proudly promote your TMG membership:
- Ensure your TMG sign is displayed prominently outside your premises. If you need a new sign, please call the member helpline
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your TMG certificate of membership is on display
- Display the TMG logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice and window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our , retweet from our and share your thoughts via our .
Tracking new business through Trust My Garage
Now that you are promoting your membership, how can you track the new work coming in?
Unlike garage work provision companies, motorists can contact garages directly on the TMG website. From your garage profile page they can either call or email you, or use the ‘Request Estimate’ contact form. This can make it hard to track how many new customers have found you via TMG, but here are two ways that will help:
1. Ask your customers how they heard about your business, either when they initially contact you or via a feedback form following their service. This is helpful if you use other marketing techniques too, such as social media or Google for Business, so you can gauge which methods are worth investing time and effort in.
2. Motorists who use the ‘Request Estimate’ button on your garage profile page can submit a form via the TMG website, which will be sent to the email address you provided upon signing up. Here is an example of the email:
Remember to check your Junk folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your to ensure they come through to your inbox.
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
The Trust My Garage Code of Practice is , which helps you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector. Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, please call 01788 225 908 to enquire, or visit for more information.