Changes to National Minimum Wage Rates
On October 1st 2015, the National Minimum Wage (NMW) rates will change:
- the adult rate will increase by 20 pence to £6.70 per hour
- the rate for 18 to 20 year olds will increase by 17 pence to £5.30 per hour
- the rate for 16 to 17 year olds will increase by 8 pence to £3.87 per hour
- the apprentice rate will increase by 57 pence to £3.30 per hour
- the accommodation offset increases from the current £5.08 to £5.35
It is a criminal offence for employers not to pay someone the National Minimum Wage or to falsify payment records.
If you are not sure whether you are paying the correct wages to your staff or need further assistance, please call our member helpline on 0845 305 4230.