Find Trust My Garage at The British Motor Show 2021!
Trust My Garage will be at The British Motor Show from Thursday 19th-Sunday 22nd August 2021! This iconic event celebrates all things motoring, pmast, present and future. The show will feature the latest cars, classics, supercars, EVs and the weird and wonderful, along with a live stage, arena, passenger rides, driving experiences and much more.
Around 50,000 people are expected to attend this iconic show, being held at Farnborough International Expo Centre, so Trust My Garage will be there representing members and talking to motorists to share all the benefits of using a local, trusted independent garage.
You can book your tickets to visit the show and be sure to come and see us if you attend (stand number TBC).
Ensure your TMG garage profile is up to date
Alongside our presence at The British Motor Show, TMG members benefit from national TV and print advertising every month – so if your garage profile page on the TMG website needs updating, please remember to take a few minutes to make sure your photos, bio, opening hours and services list are all up to date.
(using the same details you use for the IGA website). This will take you to your Garage Account page, where you can update:
- Your garage address and contact details
- A description of your garage
- Photos of your garage and team
- Your location on the TMG map
- You ‘services offered’ checklist – consumers can filter their search results by service, so it is beneficial to keep this updated. NEW Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Trained Technicians and ADAS Calibration services are now available to select
- Business opening hours
Alongside updating your profile, here are a few additional marketing suggestions to help you proudly promote your TMG membership:
- Ensure your TMG sign is displayed prominently outside your premises. If you need a new sign, please call the member helpline
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews on the TMG website
- Ensure your TMG certificate of membership is on display
- Display the TMG logo on any customer documentation and on your website
- Display the TMG customer charter in clear view for your customers to see, as well as any other posters and flyers ()
- Make use of the TMG/CTSI invoice and window stickers
- Don’t forget to engage with our social media too – share posts with your customers from our , retweet from our and share your thoughts via our .
Benefits of Trust My Garage Membership
The Trust My Garage Code of Practice is , which helps you advertise your business as one that consumers can trust. It will give your customers confidence that you are complying with the high standards set by the code, and will give them extra protection beyond their normal consumer rights such as a robust complaints procedure and clear contractual information.
All current TMG members must have the joint TMG/CTSI logo prominently displayed on their website as part of CTSI’s brand guidelines. You can download the logos from the members area by (both formats displayed below), and you can read the guidelines in full .
Trust My Garage provides an extensive range of marketing resources beyond the new TV campaign, which allows you to drive the TMG code to your customers as a badge of quality for the independent sector. Remember, Trust My Garage does not charge members or consumers for this service – it’s a Code of Practice for independent garages and a benefit of IGA membership that does not “skim”.
How to join
Each new member undergoes a site audit to make sure your systems and processes meet our high standards and that your employees are properly trained. You will also need to have access to the latest diagnostic equipment and technical information and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
If you are not currently a Trust My Garage member, but would like to be considered, please call 01788 225 908 to enquire, or visit for more information.