Schools and Local Authorities Liaison Manager Statement
The priority in my role is to change the public perception of the Automotive Industry and raise awareness of the broad spectrum of opportunities in the sector. Through liaising with Local Authorities, Schools, Garages and other relevant Automotive Bodies, I am developing a programme which can be delivered in Schools by Local Garages. The objective is to encourage pupils at GCSE and A level to consider careers in the Automotive Industry whether at Graduate Entry, Apprenticeship or Direct Employment.
As part of the development of the programme I have:
- Created a user friendly Automotive Industry specific presentation for garage owners to use and adapt when conducting visits to schools
- Created a number of different interactive lessons to be used and adapted by the garages for school interaction
- Started the creation of a contact directory for all secondary schools in the UK in order to ease the process of contact regionally
- actively presented the programme to Local Authorities around the country to ensure positive take up by schools and garages
- Attended career events raising the profile of the Automotive Industry
- I am available to conduct training in garages on how to present the industry to young people
- I can arrange visits and work experience (structured) for pupils considering work in the Automotive Sector
If you have any further questions or need help and advice relating to any of the above items, please contact me on email@example.com.