Sign up to the Government’s Help to Grow Scheme
The Government’s Help to Grow Scheme supports senior SME managers to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth, with a 90% funded 12-week course. Free online support on how to use digital tech to boost your business’s performance is also available, along with access to discounts worth £5,000 towards the cost of buying certain software. You can find more details below and register for the parts of the scheme that interest you:
Help to Grow: Digital
Help to Grow Digital has been created to help SMEs adopt and implement digital technology into their businesses.
You’ll be able to access free, impartial online support about how digital technology can boost your business’s performance and from December 2021, if your business is eligible, you can also get a discount of up to 50% towards the costs of buying approved software, worth up to £5,000. All accounting software included in this offer will be compatible with .
. You will need your Companies House registration number to do this. You will be contacted when approved software becomes available, and your business can apply for the financial discount.
Help to Grow: Management Course
The Help to Grow: Management Programme: offers a 12-week executive training programme to small business leaders, delivered by the UK’s leading business schools and is a pivotal part of the government’s Plan for Jobs. The programme is 90% funded by the government so you only pay £750.
The scheme combines a practical curriculum with 1:1 mentoring from a business expert, peer-learning sessions to give businesses the opportunity to learn from one another, and an alumni network. By the end of the programme participants will develop a tailored business growth plan to lead their business to its full potential.
The programme is being delivered by Small Business Chartered business schools across the UK. 30,000 places will be available over three years and courses will be added on a rolling-basis. The programme is being coordinated by the Chartered Association of Business Schools.
The programme is built around a three-month practical curriculum which features:
- Eight facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- Four practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- One-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including strategy and innovation, growing national and international markets, leading for high performance, building vision and brand, engaging and inspiring teams, creating customer value, adopting digital technology, adopting responsible business practices, and financial management.
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Build resilience to future shocks
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
- A blended programme that combines interactive, online sessions with face-to-face learning to suit you