Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Repair Level 3
Venue: RMI Academy
Length: 3 days
Cost: £600 + VAT for IGA members, £750 + VAT for non-members
Who should attend: Technicians who diagnose faults and carry out repair and replacements on Electric Hybrid and Electrically propelled vehicles, qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in vehicle repair and maintenance.
Course overview: The course covers the technology associated with the present generation of hybrid and electrically propelled vehicles. The focus is on gaining a thorough understanding of how the electric vehicle functions and the variation of electric vehicle types currently available, and there is a strong emphasis on safe working practices.
Participants will learn:
- The correct methods for shutting down and isolating high voltage systems
- The correct measurement procedures and approved tools
- The layout and construction of hybrid and electric drive powertrain systems and the identification of key components
- The principles of high voltage battery construction, management and monitoring systems
- The design, construction and operating principles of three phase, brushless motor/generator systems
- The control systems required for efficient operation, and methods of electrical rectification and regulation
- The transmission system operating principles of current Toyota hybrids
- The diagnosis of system faults and monitoring of live data using suitable diagnostic equipment
Book this course